The National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA), is presenting "Effective Appellate Advocacy In Employment Cases." Using a mock case, the seminar will feature workshops on brief writing and oral argument. This program will be held on March 12 - 13, 2010, at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, in Dallas, Texas. Use this link to register now.
"No matter who wins below, a lot of employment cases wind up on appeal. In the twelve months ending September 30, 2008, about one out of every eight employment cases wound up on appeal. Settlement value is influenced by how the parties thought the case would turn out if it were litigated all the way up to an appeal." - Rick Seymour
This program will equip plaintiffs' employment lawyers with the necessary skills and tools to represent their clients successfully in the appellate courts. This skills-based training seminar will examine strategies and practical tips in preparing for, writing, and arguing employment cases at the appellate level. Topics include:
* preserving your evidence and arguments in the trial court;
* strategies and techniques for effective brief writing;
* preparing for and structuring your oral argument;
* the use of moot courts; and
* when to seek assistance from appellate specialists and amici curiae.
* The member rate of $500 has been extended! Register now and save $150 off the on-site rate.
* The last day to take advantage of the seminar hotel rate of $129 per night for single and double occupancy is Friday, March 5.